The Water Utility Financing course provides an overview on how to evaluate and improve the utility’s financial performance. It also focuses on how to make the utility credit worthy for attracting commercial financing and achieving financial sustainability. This course consists of five modules, which includes a course-end assessment module. The modules include;
• Module 1: Fundamentals of Utility Financing, discusses the basic financial concepts and unique aspects of a water utility.
• Module 2: Financial Aspects of Water Utilities, discusses the different types of financial statements issued by water utilities.
• Module 3: Applied Financial Concepts, introduces some of the critical financial concepts.
• Module 4: Utility Finance in Practice, focuses on measuring the creditworthiness of water utilities.
• Module 5: Assessment, comprises 15 randomized questions.