"Agricultural monitoring was probably the first civilian application of satellite remote sensing data."
This session covers previous ARSET trainings that relate to agricultural monitoring and presents case studies of EO being used for agricultural monitoring.
• Previous ARSET training with agricultural applications
• Products and variables for cropland and rangeland monitoring
• National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) - CropScape
• Examples of operational global agricultural monitoring systems
• Examples of operational food security and early warning systems
Learners who have not completed the Fundamentals of Remote Sensing may not be prepared for the pace of the training
This training was created by NASA's Applied Remote Sensing Training Program (ARSET). ARSET is a part of NASA's Applied Science's Capacity Building Program. Learn more about ARSET HERE.
In case of any questions regarding the session, please feel free to reach out to Ana I. Prados, Ph.D., Research Associate Professor, Joint Center for Earth Systems Technology (JCET), University of Maryland Baltimore County at email@example.com.